Skip to main content
Meridian Weigh Scale Remediation
- In order to improve the precision of their TLO discharge mechanism, BHP Billiton has requested a redesign of the TLO weighing mechanism in order to improve its operation
- Austral was contracted to build the improved weighing structure, and the additional surrounding infrastructure upgrades to fix pre-existing drainage issues at the site
- Demolition of the existing TLO slab and surrounding areas being replaced
- Removal of the existing drain section and improved grading to ais storm water management
- Earthworks to make good the construction site, including excavation of unsuitable material, backfill, compaction, trim, and stockpiling of removed material
- Supply, delivery, and installation of pre-cast members needed in the works
- Supply, delivery, and installation of various miscellaneous items, including safety signage, bollards, safety rails ect.
- Assistance in the installation of new equipment as apart of the upgrade, such as wash down hoses, water cannons, a sump pump, control boxes ect.