Skip to main content
Jetty Piles Sustaining Works
- The Jetty and Wharf structure at Cape Lambert port A had been in service for approximately 50 years, and throughout its service history had sustained serious damage and degradation to the structure.
- Austral was contracted to perform refurbishment works on the structure, re-painting and re-enforcing the existing piles (where needed) in order to help prolong the life of the Jetty and Wharf.
- Installation of temporary swing-stage platforms for workers
- Blasting and painting of existing piles and headstocks
- Repair of areas of corrosion
- Repair of local damage with appropriate method; patches or sleeves welded to strengthen the piles
- Encapsulate areas of blasting and painting to ensure that debris from works conducted wont affect the local ecosystem
- Blasting and painting of Piles to client’s specification
- Removal and reinstallation of swing-stage platforms along the length of the structure throughout the length of works
- Works conducted without impact to wharf operations