Skip to main content
Nowra Bridge Piling Works
- Austral Construction was engaged by Fulton Hogan as a specialised sub-contractor to deliver piling and sub-structure works for the new bridge over the Shoalhaven River in Nowra, NSW.
- When completed the Nowra Bridge Project will provide a new four-lane road bridge over the Shoalhaven River, upgraded intersections and additional lanes on the Princess Hwy at Nowra.
- Installation of raking and vertical temporary ‘casting yard’ piles up to 900mm DIA to sup-port the bridge deck concrete casting and launching equipment.
- Installation of 39no. B54 and B58 1500mm DIA Tubular Steel Piles up to 60m in length (60t ea). Piles pitched and driven on land and in the river using specialised piling and marine equipment.
- Excavation & cleaning of all 39no. Installed piles via rotary drilling techniques. Works also included the handling and transfer of ~3000m3 of pile spoil.
- Supply and installation of 39no. 1400mm DIA Pile Cages.
- Supply and placement of ~3000m3 of S50 in-situ concrete placed by tremie.
- Installation of 8no. 80t pre-cast concrete headstocks.
- Provision of significant temporary works requirements to per-form works safely over water.