Skip to main content
Rail Corridor Upgrades
- In an effort made by BHP Billiton Iron Ore to improve the safety around their railway network and reduce the chances of a fatal accident, a request for the upgrade of 9 railway crossings was made.
- Austral then proceeded to complete the necessary upgrade works across the Newman mainline, Chichester Diversion, and the MAC main line.
- Excavation of roadways approaching railway crossings
- Spreading and compaction of basecourse
- Creation of new paved road/ blending with existing road
- Installation of new W beam barriers, and extension of pre-existing safety barriers
- Installation of 70m of chain mesh fence
- Installation of road safety signs
- Addition of road safety markings
- Installation of drainage culverts, and earthworks to prevent local pooling
- Additional assorted minor earthworks at each crossing