Skip to main content
Topside Jetty Replacement
- After years of service and minimal maintenance, the jetty employed in loading cargo ships by DSL was in need of structural repairs and upgrades.
- Austral was contracted to carry out these maintenance and construction works on behalf of dampier salt limited.
- Replacement of existing deck with 11 new pre-cast concrete modules
- Replacement of the headstocks currently on the structure
- Blasting and painting of existing structural piles to Rio Tinto specification
- Patch repair works along side blast and paint works completed from swing stage arms. Works occurred in areas where corrosion was show to cause a non-negligible change in the pile thickness
- Replacement of the off shore conveyor belt system
- Replacement of the onshore conveyor belt system, and installation of all new associated foundations